Friday, August 1, 2008

To have and not to have

Like all good dichotomies: I have and I don't have.

I now have all our stuff from Australia. Quite a bit of it still in boxes in a storage room because it can't quite fit in our apartment. My wii, stereo, precious books and CDs, I have. 3 sofas, I have. Enough candles to light a U2 concert, I have. My clothes which were meant to go into a Vinnies bin back home but managed to find their way into the hands of our packers in Sydney, unfortunately, I have (anyone in Paris need an ugly tablecloth, baby blue skivvy, or green aladdin pants give me a yell, no questions asked).

But I don't have a job. Today is in fact my official first day of having nothing particular to do. Other than to try and get out to a golf course and play nine holes. So this is going to be an interesting week, month - who knows how long - of having and not having. I do have holidays planned - Turkey, Barcelona and India all in the next few months so I think the 'have' is winning at the moment.

Yesterday we had a picnic to celebrate the end of another month's course at my language school. Here's the obligatory photo from the picnic at Parc Belleville. We also farewelled Olag, a Swedish student in my class who is now heading back home, with a few late night beers. Can you tell?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have just found out that my local pub is haiving wii nights. Bring your own remote and battle!

AWESOME - you shoudl start such a phenomenon in Paris!

I will hopefully log on Wii this weekend and see if I can message you!