
I heard the most astonishing thing yesterday on the way out of our apartment block - someone typing on a typewriter. One of these clear clunk clunk style typewriters. I couldn't think of the last time I had heard one, or more accurately, if I had ever heard one before. Other than in the movies (there is one definitely somewhere in the Amelie soundtrack), I just don't think I have experienced it in my lifetime. Although I remember my parents with a typewriter, it was still kind of electronic which used a ribbon to print what you had typed - and that too, after each line. To think that there might be a real writer in my building!
Tomorrow we're off to the Champagne region to attend the wedding of Mel's host sister, Marie who she lived with when she came on high school exchange for a couple of months. It's our first adventure with driving in France so I'm sure there will be stories. The Parisien drivers are notorious for having their own obscure rules (quite like the subjunctive, refer below) but I hope the country folk are gentle with us. I am hoping that the day after the wedding, if we're not too
hung over we can go for some champagne tasting!!
1 comment:
Hijack this new found possible writer and steal all the tips you can for the forthcoming much talked about novel you are supposedly writing while beinga house husband while you are there steal me some punctuation
Post a Comment