Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Paris Office

By popular demand for my version of events, here is a photo summary of working in the Paris office.

We are very lucky to have our very own space invader on our building.

This is me sitting at my desk. I do a mix of Paris and Sydney office work - mostly writing in English but talking in French.

I share my office with Claire and Maud is our assistant. Maud is also a tiramisu expert.

Here are Sophie and Cecile chilling out in their office. I drink bad coffee with Cecile every morning. Cecile signed me up for the firm softball team. I was a bit nervous that it might be a problem that I'd never played before but I was reassured when I showed up and people were drinking beers whilst fielding and deftly putting their cigarettes in their mouth to free up their hands to catch a balls and pizza boxes were being used as bases because someone forgot the real ones.

This is us in Munich for the regional IP group meeting. You may also recognise Cecile as the one intently concentrating on a Wii game in the last blog. She also came to the Gotye concert on Monday and was equally smitten with how amazing he was.

Here is Gregoire pretending to be on the phone. Gregoire has his own company which represents musicians as their agents which means he HAS to go to music concerts at least 3 times a week and go backstage. I wish!

This is Cordelia. Cordelia rocks - but unfortunately, she resigned in July, a month after I started, but she assures me it had nothing to do with me. Fortunately for me, in Paris, the notice period is 3 months so she only left at the end of September. The bag she is proudly holding is an olive green / grey bag by Longchamps - her leaving pressie that Cecile and I picked out . Apparently it is the colour of the season and the factory has stopped making that colour so they are very highly sought after.

The IP group has two partners. Jean-Francois and Virginie. I don't have any 'at work' photos of either of them, but here is Jean-Francois having a boogey in Munich. He's the one with the champagne glass.

And here is Virginie (on the left) at our firm dinner last night - hot off the press.

Last, but not least, here's a photo of Tania (middle) with Claire and I last night. Tania lives 2 seconds away from us and it was her husband who wasn't a huge fan of Vegemite a few blogs back. We 'velibed' home togther last night in our party dresses in the freezing cold. It was fun.
Any questions?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Plenty of questions:
1) What is the name of your space invader?
2) Did you specifically clean off your desk for the photo, or it is true that the French don't work at all and you really spend all day eating pain au chocolate and smoking galouises while discussing philosphy?
3) May I start using the word "velibing"? I like it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel and Prash, looks like France is going well! Thanks for reminding me about the space invaders. I've seen several of these around and been meaning to find out about them. So if you'd like the mystery solved go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invader_(artist)